What is the deal here?

My dh and I have been walking 4 miles for 6 months so we decided to kick it up a notch by slowly jogging more like a faster/walk/jog well the other day there was this man way behind us we started to walk again he caught up to us and was way ahead of us...ugh! So we started jogging again and passed him up then after we jogged we started to walk again well this same man was still walking and again he passed us up...ugh! We are like WTF? Here we are walking AND slightly jogging and he is still passing us. And all he was doing is walking so we decided to just walk too only bc it was so discouraging for me my dh did not care to much but he walked with me to our vehicle. It was a good workout.
I know I shouldn't care but it does not make any sense to me.
Thanks Ladies just venting!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Truly, you have to not care or worry about other people, otherwise you're going to cheat yourself out of a good workout. Good for you for adding the jogging..you're torching more calories and running is really awesome! It doesn't matter how fast or slow you or anyone else is, what matters is your out there doing more than most people. Check out couch 2 5k (c25k) a beginner runner's program, you and your hubby might enjoy it. :)
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sounds like he is just a very competitive person, either that or he is a total jerk.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 4:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Hmmm...How is he a jerk? (Just bc he is a regular walker than us...lol) He is obviously more in shape then us...lol Thanks anyway :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well, jogging isn't always fast, especially in the beginning. He could have been walking really fast. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Gotta agree with Mom 2 Cuties
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:47 AM on Mar. 13, 2011