I live in an apartment.........

is ti possible to grow vegetables in pots of some sort? I have a roof out back where i can put the pots if i want and was wondering if it would work and how big of pot would i need? I am kind clueless but need to save some money somehow. Thanks for any help.

jenn4443

Asked by jenn4443 at 4:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Absolutely! You can grow veggies in nearly anything. Just make sure you purchase seeds/plants that are compact & more suited to container gardening. Also, if you google "container gardening", you should get lots of how-to & informational links. Your local library may have some books or you could purchase one from a book store.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 4:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• You can do it. But I don't think it is a way to save money. Pots, dirt, seeds, plants are expensive. But it is very possible. Maybe you can get the pots on freecycle.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes. Do you have access to an orchard? They actually sell potted vegetables plants specifically for people like yourself who live in apartments or need to travel.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would grow herbs instead. You can put them to use every time you cook and they are small and easy to take care of.
    Cosetterose

Answer by Cosetterose at 8:32 AM on Mar. 13, 2011