From bottle to sippy cup transition

hi there my sone will be one this month and we have been told that i need to transition to a sippy cup. He has a problem with the closing the lips to suck. he gets mad at it all the time. i have tried different ones he just get mad and cries anyone have any ideas on what i can do???

Levink_08

Asked by Levink_08 at 4:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There is a sippy wiht a soft spout its the nuk brand i got mine at walmart very easy transition from a bottle my son still uses the soft top hes 16mnths
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 4:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Make sure he is not hungry and let him play with it and experiment with it. Leave it in a certain place in the kichen for an hour or so and don't associate any pressure with it. It can take awhile before they get the hang of it.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• What elizabr said is exactly what i did with my son who was exclusively breastfed and never used a bottle and it worked for him.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 5:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Buy a sippy cup that has a soft nipple like a bottle.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 6:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Try and get the ones that look like they have a bottle nipple on them
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Try a soft tipped sippy cup. That' what all my boys started out with.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011