Never dyed my hair

i have never dyed my hair and i have dirty blond hair.. ibought ash blond but when i did the test dye it wasn't light enough.. (i want it lighter) someone told me to leave it in longer and it will get lighter.. is this true.. just want to make sure and don't want to fry my hair or it come out a funky color... ;)

BobbieJo286

Asked by BobbieJo286 at 4:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• thats not true you could just end up with fried hair, just go and look for one of the lighest blondes they have. I personally like nice and easy the best. go lighter then what you picked the first time.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:44 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• color will only lift so much- you may need bleach depending on how much lighter you want it

and no leaving it on longer will not make a difference (unless you didn't leave it on nearly long enough the first time- but color should only take about 20 or 25 min or so)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• go one shade lighter then you bought & watch it, never leave colour on longer then it says
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• box will only stay activated for so long, so no it won't go lighter.. go to a stylist, they will get you a more natural looking blonde anyways and tone it propery
    DO NOT beach or strip or decolorize hair yourself! seek a stylist please!
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 7:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you have to use bleach in order to lighten your hair. people will say other wise but i don't think it's true. do some research online before you put box color on it. if you go have highlights done they shouldn't have to use a strong developer with the bleach since you already have blonde hair....shouldn't be tooooo damaging but bleach always damages a little
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 9:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011