Does anyone else get sad during the holidays??

It is suppose to be a great time of year. But with family members that have passed away, stress of money, and just everything that goes on....I get sad. It has been a tough 3 years and I am ready for things to get better. Does anyone else feel this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Money & Work

• I get a little sad because I dont always have my son with me for christmas. His dad and I have joint custody so like this year my son wont be home for christmas. That makes me sad & angry because his dad is a jerk who using his son like a weapon and it just brings it all home. As for those who have passed I like to think they want us to be happy with what we have and that we are remembering them at all. On money, well if youre healthy, have a roof over your head, are warm, and have food on the table then you are already blessed. Just remember this saying "Too blessed to be Stressed"

Answer by gemgem at 1:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I'm very depressed this year. It'll be the second Christmas without my boyfriend's mom...my daughter is due on December 20th and I'm VERY anxious about when I'm going to actually give birth, I'm worried about getting a job after she's born, I'm worried about when my boyfriend and I are going to be able to move out on our own next year...I dunno, I've tried to get into the holiday spirit, but when I have absolutely no money to make any food or decorate anything, it's a very depressing time of year. We're busier preparing for the baby than we are excited about family and friends and crap.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• yeah. i was always into Christmas, i always decorated the house, had christmas music playing, lol, like a month before Christmas. 2 years ago me and dh had our own apartment, we were really tight on money, so i felt kinda sad that i couldn't go out and get something for him that was nice, especially for our first christmas. I ended up just making an ornament for our tree, saying "our first Christmas". last year, we were still stuck on money, so we got our son a few toys. This year, we're still strapped on money, with 2 kids, and my dh is deploying. so this year although i'm blessed in so many ways, i do have reason's to be sad.
    Anonymous

• No, I’m not depressed or stressed. Yes, there is a lot to do and some times I wonder where the money will come from, but I have made up my mind that I am going to be happy and thankful for what I have and let the rest take care of itself.

The more positive things you do the more positive comes into your life. For example, I started a new blog to help most create income from home, I am also giving away children’s clothing and toys on the site. Everything is free! I have been doing this for a week now and you wouldn’t believe the blessing that have come. Take a look KeeperBay.com. Take what you need and tell others.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 1:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• That's why suicide rates are the highest of the year during the holidays. A ton of people feel depressed. Sorry you are sad, just try to look at what is good or maybe volunteer for people who are less fortunate then you. There is always someone who has it worse than yourself.
    Anonymous

• It makes me sad... We lost a daughter 2 weeks after christmas so now every year I'm sure will be a little hard. I'm pregnant again, same due date, so now I will remember exactly how it was last year when I was pregnant over christmas and then of course two weeks after that losing her. I was 29 weeks, so I will also have to get through the funeral dates.
    On top of that, the no money situation has me stressing over gifts. I don't know how I'm going to buy ANY gifts... it's really hard this year!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I feel this way. because of my grandpa who passed, and uncle who commited suicide last year (and who ALWAYS came for the holidays) and my baby girl...
    I think about what age she would've been (2 this yr) and what she would've been like...

its tough...
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:20 AM on Nov. 24, 2008

• Dec 16 is the day my mother passed and Dec 18th is the day my brother passed. This year is a bad holiday, my hubby got laid off. I just want it to hurry up and go away.
    NadiasMommy427

Answer by NadiasMommy427 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 15, 2008