Why is my oldest son scared of the potty?

he will stand up to pee but he will not sit on the potty

rebelmommy11

Asked by rebelmommy11 at 5:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• All I can say is kids are weird about that stuff sometimes. Just be patient with him, yet consistent. Let him see others using the potty. I babysat my granddaughter last night.. she's 3. She was having serious potty issues too. After visiting both potties in the house, she finally found one she liked enough to use. Ugh... it was a 45 minute process, but she finally went.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My 3 year old DD was scared of the "big" potty for the longest time. She would tell me their was monsters in there, lol. I just kept working with her and she eventually got used to it. I would show her how mommy used the potty and nothing happened to me.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my son was the same way just stay consistent and try to have him sit down on it even with his pants on when he doesn't have to go.  He will get over his fear soon

Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 8:49 AM on Mar. 15, 2011