kids before marrage?

Me and my bf have been together for a while, we live together for 2 years and expacting a child! He is divorsed and has 2 kids from prev. marrage...
I know know days its very common, people have kids before they are married and I'm ok with that... But I do wanna get married! It's just fells so wrong not being able to call him my husband. I dont know whether want to take that step, I know he's happy with me and he loves what we have... But it's not ok with me, how do I give him a hint? (I brought up that subject before, I got me nowhere)...he was like everything will be ok,, we'll do everything right... but when?????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Relationships

• Explain to him why you think you guys shoudl get married.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Tell him you want to get married. Its really that simple.

Answer by gemgem at 1:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Just tell him. Men are like mules. You have to get their attention first. I'm one that just blurts out what I want. I could easily be sitting at the table eating and just say "I want to get married". If he wants to discuss it then fine. Otherwise I would add when I wanted to do it and where. Actually, that's exactly how I got married!!!!

Answer by admckenzie at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Just talk to him about it! There's really nothing else you can do!
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 1:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I guess I'm from the old school.... either ask him or tell him that you want to get married and see how he feels about it. Don't give him an ultimatum... might not like the answer
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 2:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My momma always said "Why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free."

Honey, I know how you feel,tell him you feel but do you know if he wants to be married again. He did go through a divorce. He may have some baggage he carries from the previous. You know marriage is a legal responsibilty as well as spirtually two become one.
    I know just living together may make you feel cheapened.Share that with him.Ask him what is your worth to him,can't you be more than a live in,more than a baby momma?more than the girlfriend?You really need to see through his eyes on why he is holding back.
    Good luck and God bless!
    loriec

Answer by loriec at 2:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• tell him how you feel and if he doesn't want to commit then give him a dead line to change his mind or just go on with your life. i've been divorced and still wanted to marry. i think men use having been divorced as an excuse not to marry again but it's just that they don't want to marry you when they say no so tell him how you feel and see how he responds. i personally would not take the excuse i just don't want to get married again to get divorced excuse. lots of divorced people out there that remarry. he can be one if he wants to marry you. you may not be the one. don't waste you time on someone after all you got and still doesn't know if he should marry you or not. my husband knew from first sight he was marrying me.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 4:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• How will you do anything right if you already have kids? There is no right after that happens.
    Anonymous