For those of you who've started girls summer shopping yet.... adult content

is it just me or are the clothes sluttier, skimpier, and more adult than even last year? I am seeing tube bikinis, tube/strapless dresses, tanks and bikini tops that are padded, and the kind of short shorts where the pockets hang down to advertise the pockets themselves are longer than the shorts.

My daughter is 4, not 24. She'll be 5 before the hottest part of Summer begins and these are all things in her size. ... who is buying this trash? And where can I find her some normal little girl clothes????????????

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 5:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• my daughter is 4 too, i shop online at Old Navy mostly or Children's Place, and have already bought few outfits at Walmart.

were exactly are you shopping? ive seem some stuff that i will surely not put on my 4 year old.. but i haven't seen anything strapless or padded yet. LOL
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Keep an eye on Zulily.com They have some decent deals and their swimsuits today were really cute- not slutty.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 5:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Not sure where your shopping,but look online, before checking out stores, so your not wasting you time on stuff you dont want to look at. :) Childrens Place, Gap, Old Navy, Sears
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 5:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my dh calls stuff like that "prosti tot" clothes. i havent seen anything that slutty for kids that young.. but i have seen it for pre teens. there is no need for all that though
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 5:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• example........ this is SO POPULAR it's damn near sold out. It's now only available in a 6/7 size. A little girl should be dressing in tube items? I think not. (and for the record I don't shop at Saks, lol. I am looking for Easter dresses lots of places and Ralph Lauren often makes really pretty ones)

http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446408111&afsrc=1&site_refer=GGLBASE001&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=0885854103011
    hibbingmom

Comment by hibbingmom (original poster) at 5:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• just got the lands end kids catalog, i only have a boy and the girl clothes were awesome! boys not so great - more plain - but you should look there - it was very classic and pretty while not being trampy at all.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• this is the same question posted a month ago
    Anonymous

• Me and my sister will be making my girls' clothes for the most part this summer. Their dresses will be below the knee and there shorts won't be slutty.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i had good luck at childrens place, carters and osh kosh. they sometimes have really good sales too
    tiffanyv123

Answer by tiffanyv123 at 7:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree that some clothing is not age-appropriate, but I don't have any trouble finding great clothes for my daughters (ages 9 and 7) at Old Navy, Kohls, and JC Penney.
    Regarding the link you posted, I would let one of my daughters wear that around the house, the beach, or as a cover up at the pool. I don't really see anything wrong with it. The ones I really hate are the shirts that have sassy crap on them ("I'm the Queen Bee", stuff like that) or the short shorts with words printed on the fannies. Those are a no-go in my house.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011