How do you military wives do it?

My SO flys back to Chicago every weekend and I miss him like crazy. How do you woman deal with it? You are so strong!

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Having a loved one away for months at a time IS hard..but you just make up your mind that you have to suck it up and deal with it. My husband retired from the Navy after 30 yrs. We have been through many deployments. I can tell you in hindsight the deployments weren't the hardest times. The hardest was when he was at a duty station 4 hours from our home when our boys were teens. Moving was getting so hard on them so we made the choice for him to go to this tour of duty as a geographic bachelor. He drove home every friday and went back every Monday Morning. THAT was the hardest 3 yrs ever. Yes, we got to see him every weekend..but you never get in a grooove for long. When they are on deployment you cry..then you get in a schedule, a routine of how you are doijg things and you just move forward. When they yo-yo in and out you have the whole band of emotions..every single week. It's horrible. I can feel your pain for sure.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you just do it.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 5:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Lots and lots of patience and faith. You just have to do it and know he will be home soon :)
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• you just do...
    KWnavywife

Answer by KWnavywife at 6:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Love, Strength individually and as a Couple, Trust, and patience got my Husband and I through being apart when He was deployed/training/at schools - plus constant communication helped a ton. Even after the Army, We spent 5 months apart so He could train for the job He has now..so it isn't just Military. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011