Does anyone else have a clumsy toddler?

My son is always falling or when he throws tantrums he throws himself down and he is always bruising his face... I always get worred people are going to think he is getting abused or something. And it just pains me to see him fall like that. THe other day he fell in our driveway and hit his face on a concrete wall :( Now his cheek is all bruised

June_Mama09

Asked by June_Mama09 at 5:27 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is fearless, and clumsy. Because of that, he's always covered in bruises from running into things, falling off things, knocking things over, etc. etc. Most of the time, he does manage to get his face too, and yes, sometimes I worry people will think he gets abused, heh.

But from what I can see, it's a typical toddler thing, ESPECIALLY boys!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• all 3 of my girls are clumsy! they run into eachother on a daily basis. the poor 1 year old is always at risk of getting trampled by her 2 and 4 year old sisters... haha not really but my 2 year old has ran straight into her and knocked her over like a football player being tackled. accidents happen & we can't wrap our kids in bubble wrap =) ignore the weird looks/comments from people who don't get it.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lol. my son did this and at 3 still does... he will just randomly fall while walking too lol~ we ALL do this in my family so its not a huge surprise but in the summer his legs look the same way - bruised up and down
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• In my opinion EVERY toddler in the WHOLE world is a clumsy toddler! Until their gross motor skills are more developed, and all their weight isnt so centered in their middle section. Its totally normal :) Poor guy that he is getting all bruised up and such though... I am sure that anyone with a baby, or any early childhood teacher /caretaker will completely understand and never ask a Q. Unless the mars are like, around his throat or wrists etc.
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 5:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ya my family isn't the most graceful either haha
    June_Mama09

Comment by June_Mama09 (original poster) at 5:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My son does it too. He's 3 now but he is clumsy. He tries to run around and trips. He's like his mama lol. People shouldn't think your son is abused. Kids fall down. Its inevitable.
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 5:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Is there a such thing as an UNCLUMBSY TODDLER? lol
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011