Teething

My almost 11 month old is getting 3 teeth up top and is having a more difficult time with these ones than he did with his bottom 2 teeth. He is my 4th son, but is having a harder time with teething than my other boys did. I use Tylenol, but dont want to use too much of it, is there anything else that you have found to work for your little ones? I have also been using cold clothes and that seems to soothe him some. Thanks:)

team21

Asked by team21 at 5:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• top ones hurt the worst - so i was told by my kids doctor. i always used teething tablets, which helped a lot. ive heard baby oralgel helping but also a lot more not helping.
    good luck
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Frozen fruits in those mesh feeders and clove oil rubbed on the gums help numb them
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• FROZEN fruits and veggies in a mesh bag. and teething tablets..... Dr's told me that the orajel only makes the gums tougher for the teeth to come through.
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• also stick your finger in the tylenol or children's motrin and rub it on the gums for the pain
    kkbird

Answer by kkbird at 6:20 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Baltic amber teething necklace
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• try orafel for baby and you can also use advial.
    Parka54

Answer by Parka54 at 5:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• we did baby orajel, let her chew on the cold wash cloth, frozen fruits or frozen ice cubes of juice in the teether mesh bag.

Teething toys never seemed to work for us - they were so big to prevent choking that most of the time they didn't get far enough in to soothe the gums!
    handsfreemom

Answer by handsfreemom at 1:08 PM on Mar. 15, 2011