When you friend request someone, is it because you like that specific answer?

Or is it really because you would like to talk to them more and get to know them?
I just wonder because I've gotten a few friend invites on CM, I accept and never talk to that person again .lol! make me wonder why they sent an invite in the first place.. Just curious is all.. :)
Do you clean up your friends every now and then or leave them all ?
I have met 3 of my most favorite people in the world on CM - so thank you CM

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 5:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I don't request people, they just request me. If I did, it wouldn't be based off of an answer..there would have to be more reason for me, like lots in common, she seems untypical like me, or we live near each other. So far, I haven't seen anyone like that. I'll only accept a request if the person seems worth my time, lol.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I rarely send a friend request. When I do, it's because I've noticed a lot of their Q&A or talked to them in a group, etc. I genuinely want to get to know them, talk, etc., but that rarely happens.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I've gotten a few friend requests but have yet to request anyone as a friend....I'm afraid of rejection lol....anyways I've yet to talk to anyone on my friends list...I try to comment on their thought bubbles but we've yet to have a convo.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 6:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't send a lot, but the few I have sent have been to women I've interacted with a fair amount of time on here. I don't really communicate with most of the people who have friend requested me.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My friends are from all areas of the site - journals, groups and here, but none from just one answer or one journal post. Also, when you use the mom finder option, it recommends others who live near you or have common interests. Some people use that and try to meet people that way.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ive never requested someone, i guess im shy =P lol but when i get a request from someone it's typically from someone who shares some of the same opinions as me. i really dont talk to them much except for the interaction we get in the answers section. every now & then ill shoot someone on my friend's list a quick "hey, how are ya" in their chatterbox =)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i don't add people. i don't see the point, since i'm rarely on here.
    lizdixson

Answer by lizdixson at 9:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't send rquests- I have gotten a few-some I added, some I didn't
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I really don't invite, I respond to their answers on here. The friends I have are from the answer section and we've formed a virtual bond, lol There are several ladies on here that I enjoy seeing their posts but we're not on each others friends list.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• In two years, I do not think that I have sent a single friend request.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2011