Stroller for two children?

Would like to have some opinions regarding picking out a stroller.... We will soon have an infant and a three year old, what stroller do you own and do you like it or not. We love the Phil and Teds ... but WOW way too much. Reviews on the sit and stands....the side by side jogger stroller?? Look forward to hearing from everyone!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• i had a sit an stand with my 2 year old an newborn .. GREAT.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i have a side-by-side stroller and its great for us.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm in the market for one also. The thing that concerns me w/the side by side is the width. Is it too wide for elevators and doors? Especially ones in older buildings.
    cheekycherub

Answer by cheekycherub at 6:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a Joovy which is like a sit n stand. I like it. I also have a side by side and it's definately a little bit of problem to get it through alot of doorways.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• @cheeky it does fit but sometimes if the wheels are lined up just right there is an issue. so it can be a pain in the ass to get it through but ive never been to a place it doesnt fit.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a 2 seat stroller where one is in front of the other. I really like it. I put my youngest in back because it can recline and she will sleep in there sometimes, and my oldest goes in front because she doesn't really "need" a buckle anymore, and can just jump off the front if she needs to. Still, I am pregnant now, so this baby will need a spot, and both CAN be buckled in safely. I think mine is by Graco, and I think it was less than $200. It is heavier, but very sturdy, durable, easy to clean, and well made. To me, it was money well spent, because we do use it a LOT! And buying one that would "hold up" well was important because I knew we would be having more children to use it with as well.

One thing I will say is that they are a BIG pain to get through the mall where all the racks are so crammed together. I think a side by side would be worse for that purpose, but there wouldn't be any competition for who sits where
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sit n stand by far the absolute best!!!!!!!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a sit and stand and it worked out well with a 3 y/o and a newborn.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I had a double seater and I hated it! I'm thinking about getting a sit-n-stand.
    liz.1986

Answer by liz.1986 at 8:22 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a BabyTrend double sit n stand and I love it! Mine are only 20 months apart so it helped to have the two "stroller" seats right at first, but when he gets ready we can pop the back seat off and it becomes a regular sit n stand. I've had it for almost a year now and it's holding up really well. Someone loaned me a side by side jogging stroller a couple months ago and I really didn't like it.

Answer by missanc at 9:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2011