Which formula is best?

my baby is almost 3 months and she always spits up after every bottle. i was feeding her similac because that's the brand the hospital was using, than i changed to enfamil infant the regular kind (the yellow label) a month later.and a couple weeks ago i changed her to a different type of enfamil (the orange label i think it's the AR or AP sorry i don't remember the type). i thought this was helping her and she wasn't spitting up that much. but now she spits up thick formula, almost looking like throw up. is this normal? am i changing her formula too often? please help!

joymoon87

Asked by joymoon87 at 5:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I compared the ingredients lists between Similac for Fussiness and GERBER Good Start (the green can) and found that GERBER is by far a better formula! I was appalled to see that Similac listed a type of SUGAR as one of their top three ingredients. Gerber uses Whey Protein and it's broken down more than Similac and Enfamil for better digestion. I have had three children and my baby who is soon to be 3 months prefers Gerber. It reduces his gas and stomach aches.... Whatever you choose give it about two weeks to see how it works out. An immediate switch can cause upset no matter what.
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• there is a type of formula to help reduce spit up. I'm sure gerber or enfamil would have one. similac probably has one as well. just look and find something like that.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 5:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• look for a formula for sensitive stomachs. i know my daughter was fine with gerber gentle plus
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• how much are you feeding her
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 6:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my oldest daughter was a spitter....I tried every formula and nothing helped. The only thing I can suggest is to leave her sitting up after she eats for a while.
    LuvMyMedic3ID

Answer by LuvMyMedic3ID at 6:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh and also make sure to burp her after every one or two ounces depending on how much she's eating... and possibly try switching bottles? Hope I helped some!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011