HELP?

My daughter's best friend, 9 year old, hit her with this pole and broke her arm. Her family are well 'dangerous' people and most people on our block completely avoid them at all costs but I nevber knew that her daughter could be liek this, hubby and daughter just got back from hosp where she got a cast put on. What should I do? The family really aren't nice people and are abusive, and me and my hubby are at a loss. Please suggest things. We're so worried about our other children as well now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• If they are abusive you ca report them to social services. Which you should do! Not only for the safty of your children but for the safty of all the children invovled. It sounds like the little girl needs some counsling and some real help.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Id tell your daughter she isnt allowed to play with the child. Now that you know these people are abusive and so are their children if they continue to try and have contact with you I would put up a no trespassing sign and tell them you will get a restraining order.

Answer by gemgem at 1:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Are your concerns about letting your daughter be around this child again or if you should approach them about medical bills and taking responsibility for their daughters actions?

I'm very sorry your daughter was seriously hurt. I hope she mends quickly and has a forgiving heart. Even if the other child meant to hurt her it will help her heal if she can forgive the child. I would never let her around this child again without your supervision.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i agree with bugandsmiles and also call the cops and make a police report good luck
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• They're not abusive to their own children because according to our next door neighbour they were reported once a long time ago and they are just abusive to people who 'insult' their children :S.
    Anonymous

• Well then you definalty need to file a police report. That way everything is handle through the legal system. That is the only way you are going to be able to have them handle the medical bills. If you just want to let it drop and make it so you don't let your child play with thiers that is your choice. But then they may get angry anyway. If you report this incident at least you will have the legal upper hand if anything else happens.
    bugandsmiles

Answer by bugandsmiles at 1:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I think in this situation I would speak to an attorney and see what my options are. I wonder if they could be held responsible for the misconduct of their minor child(?) and be made to pay your daughter's medical expenses(?). Just a suggestion, but I think that is what I would do.
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 1:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with Aprilmorgans. I would definitely call CPS.
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 2:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• i would call them and confront them if they aren't cooperative i would definetly call the police. They probably prey on people who are scared of them. So i guess you just have to assess the situation and see how dangerous they are but if you aren't in fear for ur life i would confront them. Ask if they would eat the bill if ur daughter broke their daughters arm with a bat. LOL.
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• YOU HAVE TO REPORT THIS ~ it's going to get ugly around the neighborhood but so be it! go to your local juvenile court, go to INTAKE tell them what happened & that you want to file a report, that will get this child into the court system, she will be hauled into court  and will have to go in front of the judge & they will also have to pay your dds medical bills DON'T LET THIS GO! this time it's a broken arm NEXT TIME ?????? & it might just scare that bully straight

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2008