How long did you wait? adult content

Well I had my son about five weeks ago. I know they say to wait atleast six weeks but my husband is being deployed soon. And well I would really like to make love to him before he leaves. I don't hurt anymore. I was wondering how long some people waited after having their baby to have sex again.

charmd18

Asked by charmd18 at 6:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Girl get you some booty.... lol. As long as you aren't hurting and you've stopped bleeding you should be able to have intercourse. Just let your man know that you might not be able to go "wild" with him and to take it slow. I'm sure he'll gladly listen to you and before you both know it you'll be having a really good time. HAVE FUN! ;)
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 6:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• after my son was born about 5 wks....after my daughter 2 wks ( i know , but i couldnt wait...lol)
    PrettyBaby24

Answer by PrettyBaby24 at 6:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 5-8 weeks depending on the recovery

Answer by gemgem at 6:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 3 weeks for me
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 6:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i have waited 4 weeks then i have waited 3 weeks.. you'll know when your vagina is ready. & if its not ready dont push it give him some oral attention
    masonbunch

Answer by masonbunch at 6:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I've waited at least 3 months after each of my deliveries due to the fact that I bleed FOREVER and that my LP usually goes on business assignments that can last months, so it is how it worked out. Given your situation, I probably would probably go ahead, especially since you're not in pain anymore.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 6 weeks.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I waited till I was done spotting that was usually a reasonable amount of time to heal... just dont forget BC I had a friend that had her babies 10 months apart...
    TraceyLu

Answer by TraceyLu at 6:17 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We started to do it 2 weeks postpartum but it hurt. Then at 6 weeks again and it hurt me.... but I've friends that did it 2 weeks after and were fine. It just depends on your body, if you feel ready then go for it!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• after my 2nd i only waited a little over a week, my husband had just returned from a deployment and neither of us could hold out. it wasn't painful either, he was gentle. i say if youre feeling up to it, go for it and have him go slow at first.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011