When im sleeping at night & roll over, something around my pelvic area cracks.

it sounds like your back cracking really loud, but its a bone down there. Could that be a sign of a tilted pelvic bone or anything? Or just end pregnancy aches & pains. Its extremely hard for me to turn over at night & it always makes my eyes water from being in so much pain. Once i turn over & get situated, the pain is gone.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I have this and have with each of my pregnancies. Your two hip bones meet in the middle of your pelvic area. When pregnant the ligament that holds the bones together becomes elastic inorder to expand to allow baby to come out. This softening can cause pain when twisting, standing, walking, rolling over, etc. It can also cause the two bones to rub together creating a popping sound. I also have bad hip pain with my current pregnancy. To help both of these pains out I have added a foam pad to the bed to help cussion. The pain will not go away until baby is born. It is nothing to worry about, but it is the one thing I was dreading when I got pregnant with this baby.

Good luck!!
    ChristyW3

Answer by ChristyW3 at 7:57 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• could it be round ligament pain? its especially common if this isn't your first pregnancy. i had it bad with my third and sometimes id want to cry just putting my pants on. i eventually had to sit on the bed to put them on, because lifting my leg got to be unbearable in the pelvic area. it was round ligament pain.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• any chance it's a hip?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• sounds about like it tnm. ive always told my doctor but they never say anythign about it.. i guess i dont explain how much pain im actually in . lol. i can hardly lift my leg as well. & no its not a hip, i have ruled that out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• The bones in your pelvic area will start to hurt around that time, and maybe even crack. It's the body getting prepared for birth. Look up pubic symphysis and it'll give you an idea.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 6:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• BUMP! my ds is 19 months old and mine still does that sometimes GL
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• After I had my daughter I could not "crawl".. or in a crawling position lift one left (to work out).I felt like my private bones (lol) where going to break.. even now 4 yrs later I cannot squeeze my legs together very tightly without getting a shooting pain..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011