Getting kids to eat...

My girls are 3 and 6 that I am having problems with...99% of days I cannot get them to eat a thing. They are picky eaters as well but are now getting to the point where they will eat nothing at all. I have tried everything I know to try and am out of ideas...please help

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 6:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• Make them a meal and if they don't eat it they can have for the next. They are picky because you LET them be picky. When they are hungry enough they will eat. Also, they get NOTHING to eat between meals since they chose not to eat earlier. Yes, they'll whine about it, but you gotta be strong. "You chose not to eat your lunch so you can wait for dinner"

My daughter has tried the I'm-only-going-to-eat-X-food. We told her "You get what you get," and gave her what the rest of us were eating. It's HER choice at that point to eat it or not. After a couple meals of going hungry she stopped being picky.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Try peanut butter on apple slices. Mix peanut butter and jelly together for pbj sandwich. Make happy faces with pancake batter. Put the eyes and mouth, let cook 20 seconds, then pour on more mix to make the circle. The 3 year old may be doing it because big sister is. I told mine that if they didn't eat what I fixed, they wouldn't get anything else, then I stuck to it. No dessert, no snack. If they like cereal, let them have that for dinner. Won't hurt them. What do they like to eat? If they aren't eating that, maybe they are coming down with something.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Mine either eat what we fix or they can have peanut butter and jelly sandwich. They HAVE to eat one or the other, going without dinner is not an option for me.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my 5 year old is picky eater - i give my son a meal if he doesnt eat it... he doesn get anything else.. which apparently he is okay with lol ..

my 2 year old will only eat when HE wants.. i make lunch he doesnt want it, he puts it in the sink or trash... same with dinner.. he never eats breakfast

my 3 year old daughter is the best eater!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 6:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011