What is your view?

What are your views on diet and exercise?
What are some ways that you have lost some weight?

MamaCortney

Asked by MamaCortney at 6:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I hate to do both, but you have to if you want to lose weight the healthy way.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 6:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 80/20...meaning 80% of it is diet and 20% is exercise.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• When I got divorced and moved in with my daughter, I lost 30 lb. in 6 months or less. I thought she was killing me with healthy food (lol). More fruit, more veggies, less meat, less bread, a cup of pasta instead of a plate full. Yard work, walking the dog, walking the two blocks to the store instead of driving. They all add up.
    Kimimale

Answer by Kimimale at 6:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I try to eat healthy and not eat as big of meals and eat more times a day to keep my energy up .. I try to work out a half a hour every night
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I pay attention to portion sizes and try not to overeat. I avoid processed foods. I cook almost all of my meals from scratch (fewer preservatives, and I know exactly what's going into them). I happen to love fruits and veggies, and they make up about 50% of my meals.

Also, I never "forbid" foods. I eat chocolate, I bake molten chocolate cakes, and I'll eat a hot dog every now and again. But again, I pay attention to portion sizes and don't overdo it.

I drink a lot of water and a lot of tea. I avoid calorie-ridden drinks.

Exercise was hard to get into, but now I love it. It's a great stress reducer. I run and walk, alternating every other day almost every day of the week. Yoga is good too. I don't view exercise as an excuse to binge on junk food.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 12:46 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• For diet, I do calorie restriction and lifestyle change. I'm looking at this as a permanent change. I aim for smaller portions, less processed food, less fast food, better choice when eating out, more vegetables and fruit in my diet, and manage when I actually eat sweets. I don't keep soda in the house and I try not to buy it when out and about. I don't like to bake sweets or buy them. I'm a coffee addict but I drink it black! So that stays. I am working on eating breakfast as I'm not a morning eater at all. I'm trying to make lunch the biggest meal of the day.

For exercise, it's sporadic right now. I chase two toddlers all day and I try to do yoga when they are sleeping. I aim to move around far more often that I do so I'm on my feet once an hour at least. I park far away from entrances, unless it's raining so I can increase my walking. Once weather warms up, I'll be with the girls at the park so I'll be active.

isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Diet without exercise is useless. I usually exercise at least 4 times a week, jogging 5 miles. After jogging, I have a feeling of well being, a clear mind and less likely to eat unhealthy foods.
    Rnurse

Answer by Rnurse at 7:47 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't diet. I eat reasonably healthy, I eat small portions and allow myself to have a splurge once in awhile.

I LOVE exercise. Love it. I workout 6 days a week, training for a marathon. I love the endorphin rush I get when I've worked out and kicked my own butt.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 11:12 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Diets don't work. Lifestyle changes, do. Exercise is GOOD for you, whether trying to lose weight or not.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:45 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I try to do it cause I know its good for you
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011