Is this weird, or kinda normal?

Breastfeeding mommy of a 2 week old. My left boob seems to produce more milk than my right boob... is this weird? something to be concerned about???

Mskixxalot

Asked by Mskixxalot at 6:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have heard that it is pretty normal for one side to produce more than the other.
    ss1436

Answer by ss1436 at 6:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Normal :) Remember, they're sisters, not twins :) Curious though, what makes you feel that one makes more then the other?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Completely normal!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 7:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• your baby might nurse more on that side so it might be producing more.
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:00 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Normal. My left has always been a better producer than the right. Not sure why, but they both work. You just have to be careful not to start using that side more because the baby prefers it or because it just seems more full. That is how I got mastitis the first time. I kept forgetting to feed from the right side because it never felt as full and the baby preferred the left.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 7:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yeah my son is 8 days old and my right side has more milk then my left
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 7:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Totally normal. Left is better producer for me. I didn't really notice it that much with my first, but with my second I returned to work and pumped and there was a huge difference in output while pumping and I noticed she preferred the left side too. I always made it a point to start on say the right side and if they stopped then nurse from the left and next time start on the left. This helps to even things out, but it is completely normal for one side to produce more then the other.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i say normal
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 7:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It's pretty normal. Nothing to worry about.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'd say normal. Your baby is so young still and learning to nurse effectively. It could change as your babies nursing changes. Shouldn't be a problem. I'd check out La Leche League and read the Womanly Art of Breastfeeding as a really helpful resource. There is a lot of misinformation out there about BFing. Good Luck.
    littleflower101

Answer by littleflower101 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011