When I lose weight i lose my curves. Any tips?

My butt is the first to go.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• then you're not doing it right...you have the most amount of fat deposits in your boobs and butt....your upper body is usually the first to go...when you do cardio to lose the weight, you also need to incorporate weight training....lifting weights burns fat faster and will continue to build your shape. When people just "lose weight"...they are a smaller version of exactly what they look like. Diets don't work...you will gain it right back as soon as you eat a carb. Try the lifting weights and do lunges and squats if you want to keep your butt. But yes, if you lose weight those are the places it will go first.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 6:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I agree with callie

Answer by older at 7:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Are you exercising? Everyone's body type is different...some people are naturally curvy...other women have a more boyish straight figure. Your goal should be to have the healthiest body you can have and then be happy with whatever body you are blessed with. But, there are certainly things you can do to focus on certain areas. If you want a firm, round butt...things like squats and lunges are definitely good. If you want a long lean body then pilates is good for that. I would encourage you to figure out what kind of exercise you enjoy and then learn how that exercise can hel[p you work on the particular areas of your body that you want to improve.
    littleflower101

Answer by littleflower101 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Thanks for the Tip Callie I am the same as the OP'er Ive lost some of my butt and I hate that
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i WISH i could lose my butt, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• lunges and squats work for the butt! do them lol.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I totally agree that you need to add some strength training, and squats and lunges are among the best ones to keep your tush around. You can also do dead lifts and bridges. Check out sparkpeople.com for some exercise ideas.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sorry....I have nothing to offer. My boobs are the first to go...I really wish my butt was the first to go o.O
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 11:44 AM on Mar. 13, 2011

• do squats
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 3:49 PM on Mar. 13, 2011

• I wish my butt would go.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 5:20 PM on Mar. 13, 2011