Desperate for work advice?

Before I go on, no I'm not just lazy. I went to school to become an esthetician, and well not only does the economy just suck in the business, but it's hard for me to build clientele while my husband is living in Orlando mon-fri going to school. I have sitters but they can only keep her in the evening. I've tried getting restaurant jobs but employers won't give me a chance b/c I have no experience. We're so tight on money I need something.

I've thought of a) getting the credentials to work in a day care and take her with me. or b) trying to find a LEGITIMATE online job at home.

Please don't call me lazy and judge me, I''m really desperate for work I need something. Any ideas, ladies?

haylees.mom

Asked by haylees.mom at 7:02 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Money & Work

• Hello! If you are looking to work from home, I would love to help you out! I have been with Internet CEO Moms for going on 2 years now and I absolutely LOVE this team. We do not sell anything, throw parties, keep inventory, etc...

This team has truly been a blessing in my life and I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Check out my webiste at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com and get all of the details!
    Also, check out Internet CEO Moms Official Fan Page at www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com

I wish you the best of luck in your search! :o)
    ~Alyssa M.
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I say go for the day care thing first because I have yet to hear of any legitimate online jobs. But hey! If you fine one, lemme know bc I get like one day a week at work lol

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 7:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would love to help you but there is hardly anything out there...
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't know if this will help or not but you might look at care.com for work. Look at the different job categories using the pulldown and see if anything fits with your schedule and interests. I got my two part time jobs there. There are about 5 categories of jobs. Good luck.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• There are tons of options out there and I'm sure you will get bombarded with opportunities!!!  If you are looking to get into a home business, This is a link to a FREE e-book about network marketing.  Absolutely No strings attached ~ no one trying to get you to join their opportunity.  Just FREE information for anyone looking to start or expand any home business.  It is definitely worth the short amount of reading time if you are serious or even curious!

Good luck and hope this helps you out ~ let me know what you think or if there is anything I can do to help!

Laura

jekrmom

Answer by jekrmom at 8:13 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• What are your passions? I'm a gift consultant for La Bella Baskets, absolutely love it and I do get paid every 2 weeks a check:-) If your interested in having a gift basket business p.m. for more info.:-)
    Good luck on your search!:-)
    Jen
    uniquemom30

Answer by uniquemom30 at 9:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Have you thought about trying to sell things on eBay? You can make a pretty decent income that way. Start out small by selling little things you have around the house, including used clothing. If you like it, and it works for you, visit resale shops, garage sales, anything like that. Pick up items, clean them, wash them, etc. and then resell them on eBay.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:52 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'm also with Internet CEO Moms. I encourage you visit Alyssa's website. We have an amazing Team. I know you'll be impressed!

Best Wishes!
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:52 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:35 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• www.workathomeunited.com/number1moms. No investment needed and overall great cause. You can also contact me directly if you like. I love to help people.
    Number.1.Mom

Answer by Number.1.Mom at 12:46 AM on Mar. 13, 2011