Lesson learned

went out for a nice dinner with DH, DS (10 wks old) and my mom.....baby had been fed not long before we went out and was sound asleep. Just as they bring our food, DS wakes up screaming bloody murder wanting his bottle.....guess what I forgot to put in the diaper bag :

check please!

ElenaC419

Asked by ElenaC419 at 7:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I once went real quick to Walmart 25 minutes away just to pick up a few needed items. Took the baby, he was 2 months old and had just come to live with us, and didn't think I needed the diaper bag, just grabbed the bottle. Made it to Walmart, grabbed the stuff, checked out, loaded the stuff in the car, and then realized he had pooped on everything. It was a mess and I had no diapers no wipes no nothing. It was all over his clothes, his back, the car seat ... Oh my goodness, what was I thinking,,,it had been 36 years since I had had a baby and I clearly had forgotten everything. Lesson Learned.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• aww, it's ok mama! sometimes we get so preoccupied with our little ones and getting ready to go somewhere that we forget the bottles....lol it's ok...
    katieandchris01

Answer by katieandchris01 at 7:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• it happens they will get over it :p
    kylansmommy09

Answer by kylansmommy09 at 7:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• the looks from the people around us went from "isn't he cute" to "WHY ARE YOU HERE"
    ElenaC419

Comment by ElenaC419 (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• That is why i am so happy i carry my babys milk in my boobs...lol. Dont worry....i have left without necessities on the way to my moms house and did not realize i had forgotten the diaper bag until we were already on the toll road....my mom lives 400 miles away from us. We had to stop at the nearest exit. We were already 2hrs into the trip so we could not go back home to get it. I now leave a diaper bag in my van at all times with extra clothes, wipes, diapers and my cover for nursing.....along with a few other things.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Oh, he is on breastmilk, but it has to be calorie fortified because he was so premature, so I am forced to pump. His little mouth is still too small for a good latch, unfortunately. If I thought for a minute he could get a good latch, I would have fed him right then and there.
    ElenaC419

Comment by ElenaC419 (original poster) at 8:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have had a dirty diaper before and relized I had forgot the diaper bag! It happens
    SkylaReneeMom

Answer by SkylaReneeMom at 10:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011