Please Help!!! asap

okay so i am 30 weeks pregnant. and i have been feeling alot of pressure in my abdomen area...and i am also having what feels like contractions...also my baby is usually really active inside but the past day or so he hasnt moved very much if at all....i dont know what to do..i dont want to go to the hospital for no reason but i am worried....also i dont want my husband to think i am faking it because he has been talking about this football game and he wants to watch it...i dont know weather to wait till after or what....

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Follow your gut instinct. If there is a real emergency minutes matter.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• just wait until the contractions are less than 5 minutes apart. go to contractionmaster.com (click start timing in the top right hand corner) to keep count. as for your baby not moving, sometimes they stop moving as much as they normally do when it's about that time.
    Anonymous

• If you havent felt your baby move in more than two hours, go to the er, they do tend to stop moving as much in the later stages of pregnancy because of lack of room. If youre worried you should go, if your dh football game is more important, then leave him home. I wouldnt take any chances being at 30 weeks, you arent full term yet and shouldnt be having the baby but you need to make sure that everything is alright.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Call Labor & Delivery at your hospital and ask to speak to either a nurse or the doctor on call.
    They're probably going to tell you to drink some apple juice (or something kinda sugary) and lay down for an hour. Count how many movements you feel in that time (and see if your contractions stop). If you feel less than five in an hour and still have the contractions, they'll probably want you to come in...though you should check and see what they have to say. They'll most likely hook up a monitor to check things out and tell you everything is ok. :) This is never a waste of time, it's reassuring, and will get rid of the stress you're feeling now, which isn't really good for either of you.

As for hubby, baby is a million times more important than the game. If he knows how scared you are, he shouldn't give a rat's ass that it's game time, so feel free to let him have it when you're feeling better. :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Lay down on your left side and drink a glass of orange juice, it works best and see if he starts to move.
    Forget-me-not

Answer by Forget-me-not at 2:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I THINK U SHUD GO 2 THE ER IF UR NOT FEELING THE BABY MOVE MY SIS AND SIL BOTH LOST BABIES AT 29 AND 31 WEEKS IM NOT TRING TO SCARE U BUT ITS BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY AND SCREW THAT FOOTBALL GAME U AND UR BABY ARE MORE IMP. SOMEONE CAN RECORED IT FOR HIM IT WNT BE THE END OF THE WORLD BUT IF SOMETHING HAPPENS TO UR BABY IT WILL BE
    kim2316

Answer by kim2316 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• hmmm.....wow...

i would drive myself to the ER, and let hubby stay home and watch his football,

YEAH RIGHT id throw the tv out of the window, false labor or not,

you must be checked and trust your tummy on this one!
    Anonymous

• plz go to the er and get checkd out i was 33 weeks pregnant and i didnt feel my baby move for a full day i whent to er and found out i had pe and i had to have my baby then im not trying to scare u but plz get checkd out
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2008