4 positive pregnancy tests....

Ok so yesterday I took 3 pregnancy tests, and all were positive...

I took another today, and it was positive as well.

I had my last period feb 26th...and it ended a week ago today..
it was regular for the most part, but was sort of lighter during the middle of it....which it usually isnt...

But 2 days after my period ended, I began lightly bleeding... and still am. I called the dr today and they said it sounds perfectly normal. But because I haven't technically "missed" a period yet, that they all could be false positives...!?!?!?

So they recommended that I wait 2 more weeks and test again....what the heck? I thought a positive was a positive?

Also I thought that false negatives happened more than false positives...??

has anyone experienced this??

katieandchris01

Asked by katieandchris01 at 7:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's pretty normal to have period-like bleeding early in pregnancy. Monday call your doctor back and demand a blood test. If they won't give it to you, tell them fine you'll find a doctor who will.
    False positives are very rare. I only know one brand of tests that will give false positives on a fairly consistent basis - equate, the walmart brand. False negatives, on the other hand, are VERY common.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:47 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would ask for a blood test. 4 positive tests sounds like you're pregnant to me.
    sunshinepraying

Answer by sunshinepraying at 7:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Four false positives?! No way! Get a digital to confirm and then take it to your OB's office and demand a blood test.
    EwansMommy

Answer by EwansMommy at 7:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• id say u are pregnant sound like normal bleeding some woman do bleed in begining.id go get blood test
    loomis6

Answer by loomis6 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• didnt you ask this question earlier today? I have the same answer. call your doctor & get a blood test.
    mom-o-2-in-2

Answer by mom-o-2-in-2 at 8:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Never got a false positive, but i have gotten 2 false negatives. Congrats, i think you are pregnant!
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know there is something with hormones VERY RARE that will make a preg test say positive, not sure what it is though.....either way you need a blood test from the doc, i don't think they should tell you they won't give you one
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 8:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011