When's the last time they knocked?

I hear people bitch and bitch about how much the Mormons & JWs drive them nuts cause they are always knocking at the door. But to be honest, I've had JWs at my door ONCE and Mormons TWICE - EVER! The Republican Party knocks at my door at least once a month, preachers, almost never... I know that they are busier in some places than in others, but how annoying can they be when it's such a rare occurrence that they actually show.

So when was the last time they knocked? And how often do you see them?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• i like having the 'mormons' knocking on my door.. oh yea thats because i am one :-)
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I like having them knock too, and I'm not even Christian. But they NEVER do... It's kinda upsetting cause it seems like they are always knocking on everyone elses door... I wonder if they skip me on purpose...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:04 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i don't think either group has knocked on my door the 13+ years I've lived here
    autbot

Answer by autbot at 8:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We live at the end of a dead end street, so we never get anyone like that in our neighborhood. The last person that knocked on our door was selling meat packs.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i think the first time someone knocks on their door is too much for them lol. i know the missionaries from the LDS church... if they are told not to come back they wont.. so who knows whats with people!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 8:08 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I was Mormon...those poor guys on those bikes.....gotta feel bad for them......
    justalady774

Answer by justalady774 at 8:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I live two blocks away from the local college's student Mormon center. We have lived her for 11 years. The first 6 years I had Mormon missionaries knocking on my door at least three times a week. We also had Jehovah Witnesses at least twice a month.

At first I was nice and just told them I was happy with my religion and good luck. But They wouldn't take no for an answer and started getting rude, very rude. I started leaving a note on my door that said, "No Religious Soliciting". They ignored it and continued to knock. I tried to ignore them, but they were relentless. Finally I called the Mormon student center and told them that I would call the police the next time they knocked on my door. I also called all 4 JW churches in my city and told them the same.

I have not had one knock in the past 5 years. Thank GOD.

I am someone that support religious freedom, but I don't want to be harassed.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I love it when they knock on my door but it hasn't happened in a while. I love religious conversations and to watch how much it pisses off people that I don't believe in God. Hey, they asked. And they wouldn't accept my "sorry, I'm not religious, but thanks" answer.

SinaiJ

Answer by SinaiJ at 8:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I haven't had anyone since I moved to MN, but while living in CO we had both groups about once a week. I was always home baby sitting so I was always answering the door and it was driving me nuts. I got them to stop by answering the door in nothing but a towel.
    I wouldn't have minded if they took no for an answer but they were relentless. I would tell them I'm not interested and they would start asking all these questions "What do you believe, why do you believe it" and so on and the whole time I'm like, I'm not changing my mind go away. -shrugs-. I think they black marked my home when I answered in the towel. It was awesome! I acted all interested and then offended when they took off without explaining what their religion was.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 8:15 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We moved last year and so far, I haven't had any solicitors, religious or otherwise at my door. Whew!

In my old house, the Jehovahs Witnesses used to come around in spurts....they'd come every Saturday for a few weeks, then I wouldn't see them again for a month or two...then they'd be back. It was usually the same lady too and she was so nice that I just couldn't stand to be rude to her but I was REALLY uncomfortable as it's not a religion I am interested in at all. I finally resorted to hiding in my daughter's bedroom when I'd see them coming down the street and trying to explain to my kids why I wasn't going to answer the door, lol.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011