I'm just wondering...what do you think?

Okay, I'm not trying to be rude but I am wondering...how many mom's on here know how to use google? The reaso I ask is because some of the question posted up here are usually really easily solved with a simple google search! Especially some of the questions in the trying to conceive section. Does anyone else feel the same way? (No bashing please, I'm not trying to be mean to anyone) Lol, I do realize that sometimes when you are worried about something or have a lot going on a google search can and does slip your mind but...I dont know. Just go look for yourself. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sometimes I think the same thing but then I have to remember that just because they may know how to use a computer they may not know or understand how to "search" for an answer to their question. :O)
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 1:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I have been known to ask questions that can be searched on google, but I always do my own research which does include asking the advice of other moms.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I usually do both. Google for the correct information and asking for opinions. Some questions I agree are pointless to be asked but I guess if it helps them, then whatever
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 1:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I love me some google. I NEVER ask a question on here unless I've done a google search beforehand.

I hate telling people to use google...but seriously. There are so many questions that could be easily answered just by putting it into the google search bar. *sigh*
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Sometimes google makes things scary so i feel that if women hear that another woman has gone through the same thing they are more relaxed or confident about the situation. I know some of us ask weird questions and think this is the best source but its more the though of another women going or has gone through the same thing..
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Lately all you get are blogs, it's getting really annoying. So if I have a specific question I go to ask.com Another thing is doing a google search can take a while to find the answer, sorting through the crap that is irrelevant, and coming on here with so many knowledgeable women is just faster.

Anonymous

• Well I think maybe some people do use google and just want reassurance or something? Its easy for us to go read things and then still wonder if the web site we were reading from was right etc? I dont know. I dont mind helping people if they need answers and I can get them or know them. The medical questions though I really think some women need to call their dr and not ask online for help.

Answer by gemgem at 2:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• For me... I think I like hearing it from real moms. not just some website that claims its by real moms...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Isnt that the whole point of cafe mom? To ask other moms questions and get support from them? Also about the medical question it kinda like getting a second opinion. You can ask tons of people who all have had to treat the same disorder and get different ways to treat it. People know that not everyone is right and you have to know what advice to take
    Cherish050307

Answer by Cherish050307 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I agree with BabyBugsmama. Thats why I ask questions on here. I don't want a google answer or I'd google it myself. I want life experiences from moms who have been through the same thing, whether its finding a family friendly dog, or getting my son to eat his vegetables. I also can't stand when I ask something and someone comes back with only a link. If there's an answer AND a link, that's cool.
    Anonymous