Does anyone know if there is any group going to Perry County PA to block these jerks?

Westboro Baptist Church is at it again. I know there were some volunteers who went to AZ to the funerals of the political shooting to block them. I live about 2 hours away, but I would be willing to make the trip to block these unChristian folks from making this tragic day even worse. 

What really gets me is the fact that they are doing this as revenge because the man who sued them was from PA.  I though the Bible said you were to turn the other cheek?

http://www.fox43.com/news/wpmt-westboro-protest-perry-fire-funeral,0,5116994.story

layh41407

Asked by layh41407 at 8:18 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I wish I lived closer than NC. I would surely go. How in the world do they sleep at night?
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:24 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't live in PA, but nothing saddens me quite like this does. I just will never understand.
    CollegeMommy121

Answer by CollegeMommy121 at 8:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• That group makes me sick! Shame on them for causing such unnecessary pain to grieving loved ones. What possible purpose does that serve? It's definately not Christianlike! I hope they have a counter protest group that follows & blocks them out everywhere they decide to slither off to!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I'd start sending the WBC a bill for all the extra police protection the group seems to get. Their protest incite violence and that puts everyone in danger, not just the members but the mourners as well.

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:09 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would love to, but it's about a 5 hour drive from me.

I think whenever the leader of this group (sorry, I don't remember his name) dies, the entire country should ban together to picket his funeral... Let them see how it feels to have to fight for the right to grieve!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:21 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wish I did live nearby. I'd be more than happy to help block their "protest". I hope anyone who does attend will do it with dignity--ignore the WBC bastards while providing a buffer between them and the funeral, and simply show quiet support for the family who's grieving. I think the WBC thrives on attention. If the attention is diverted to the family and friends of the deceased, and the WBC is ignored, maybe they'll eventually go away.

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 11:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I am too far away but I sure hope some folks will be able to go!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• My husband said that he thinks the 'church' (if you can call it that) is now hopping someone will deny them a permit so they can sue. They are all seem to be lawyers.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• No. I live about 1 1/2 hours away, and they're simply not worth my time! However, I WILL send a donation to the Patriot Guard, in the hopes that it will help them afford a trip to do their thing!! :o)

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:47 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Sadly, outside of gunning them down when they gather to protest, the best thing is to ignore them. Give them no television coverage etc.... They use this as a means of getting forbidden to protest, then turn around and sue for their first amendment rights. That is their goal and they are making money doing it.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:53 AM on Mar. 12, 2011