Ear dunked in the tub!

My dd who is 13 months just slipped over in the tub and got her whole ear wet while reaching for a toy she has an ear infection and she down to the last day of antibiotics is this going to be a problem for her ear infection or should I not worry so much!

lil_shannie

Asked by lil_shannie at 8:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't worry so much. By the last day the ear infection should be resolved. Keep an eye on it and if you notice it coming back to see the doctor.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 8:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Try to get out what you can, lay her on her side with that ear down. Towel out what you can get. Keep an eye on her, and keep with the remaining doses. She'll likely be fine, but keep an eye on her. :)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 8:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I would just keep and eye on her things should be fine :)
    lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 8:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wouldn't worry the only timethe doc wanted me to worry about water getting in was after my son had the tubes put in his ear
    MOM2DYLnHAYLEE

Answer by MOM2DYLnHAYLEE at 4:25 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• different kind of ear infection. You're thinking of swimmers ear, that usually isn't what toddlers get. Even with tubes, my kid would have to be about 3 ft under the water for it to do damage. Water probably didn't even have time to enter her ear.
    sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:15 AM on Mar. 14, 2011

sweetphoenix529

Answer by sweetphoenix529 at 12:16 AM on Mar. 14, 2011