What is your purpose as a parent?

I was reading answers to another question where one mother stated her "purpose as a parent." Her "purpose" was something that I simply would NEVER even see as something that is okay, let alone my purpose as a parent...

Which made me wonder what other moms feel their purpose is.

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 8:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• To nurture and guide their child/ren to being responsible and hopefully happy adults.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I feel my purpose as a parent is to guide & teach my children how to become caring, responsible, productive future adults. And when they're grown, I can continue to be there with motherly advice (when they need it or ask for it of course)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My purpose as a parent is to raise my kids to have respect and to make a good life's for them selves

lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 8:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My purpose is to raise healthy and loved children who will become adults who are a productive and positive part of society - who honor and respect life, tradition, people and themselves. As a Christian, I purpose to instill a love of Christ and to minister to others in whatever way they are called to do it.

My method to achieve that for each child is different - because they're different people - my responsibility is to know and understand that.
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 8:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• *keep them safe , alive, and healthy to the best of my ability.
    *raise them to be ethical self actualized loving adults.
    *teach them about christ
    kayslay

Answer by kayslay at 8:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• To raise responsible, self-sufficient, productive members of society.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• mine is to nurture, protect, educate and make sure my child(ren) know right from wrong and how to be gentlemen/ladies.
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• To be anything my child needs me to be and protect them the best I can so they can become happy resposible adults.
    katcb1019

Answer by katcb1019 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Is to
    1) Love unconditionally
    2) Guide responsibly
    3) Lead by example
    4) Help them become the best they can be
    5) Teach them to love themselves -- which in turn will show them how to love others.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 11:20 PM on Mar. 12, 2011