Have you ever armed your dau w/ witty comebacks to deal w/ the mean girls at school?

Last nite I saw a commercial for Hot In Cleveland, and one of the women said she was looking to do some community service. Betty White told her she should read to the blind b/c she had the perfect face for it! -ROFLMAO! Then it came to me, that could be a good comeback to use when the mean girl in my dau's class starts her crap. We've tried other more pc tactics & it doesn't work. So why not arm my dau so she can deal w/ this w/ a little more confidence. What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I think it's a GREAT idea! I taught my DD (4-year-old) that when this mean little girl in her class pushes her again to stand up very tall, point her finger at her and YELL --- DON'T TOUCH ME! lol -- she had to do that ONE TIME and the other little girl hasnt bothered her since. We have to teach them that if ignoring doesnt work, to stand up for themselves!!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• hhmmmm..........well, when I was a kid I was being bullied and I mostly ignored the bully. then one day he brought this whole group of kids to watch him make fun of me.
    So I told him that I knew that he wet the bed! (Of course I didn't, I was just playing the odds) he got the biggest 'how did you know that' look on his face. I went on to say that his mom talked to my mom, asking for advice because she was so fed up with it all, she was going to send him to school in diapers!
    He never gave me any more problems, but I still wonder what that kid went home and said to his mother that night!
    then I did something in college. Yeah, I know. I'm really mature.
    some girl was going on about my ugly feet, I said to her,
    "well at least I can cover up my feet with shoes, that's more that what SOME people can do with their faces! Ever thought about seeing someone about that nose?"
    she started to cry!
    Anonymous

• roflmao thats awesome!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have and it turned out to work well for my daughter. Now they don't even bother her b/c they believe their not bothering her and she has a lot more confidence these days.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 9:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• It's not a bad idea. My son had the snottiest little girl in his class( even the teacher had a hard time with her) and she was always bothering him. So I told him act like he was ignoring her then say," I'm sorry, did you say something?" He only had to do that twice before she left him alone. eventually she was taken out of class for bothering the other students and the teacher.
    '
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 12:31 AM on Mar. 12, 2011