Prenatals w iron ???

so i have a question .. im trying to concieve so my doctor gave me prenatal vitamins w iron ... will that help out ?

she said to starts taking them early so when im trying to concieve and im successful at it ill already had been taking prenatals..
is that a good idea ?? cuz i been taking them .. trying to remember to do it everyday (kinda hard)

my friend just misscarried becasue she was aneminc and wasnt taking prenatals .. also stressed.
so im worried that'll happen to me !!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• it is a good idea to take them before you get pregnant....keep up the good work.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i have been TTC for a couple of months. last month i started taking my prenatals and this month I got my BFP (Big fat positive). i would say it helps!!!!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ok yay ! cause it shows that i was suppose to ovulate these past days so i made sure i had sex .. but i been taking these for like 2 weeks or so ...
    its just hard to remember to take them everyday lol

but i am a little anemic .. will that have any effect on if im pregnant to not have a misscarrage ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• dont stress... stress cant help.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• yeh i know but lol dang its hard now cuz she told me that .
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• im not sure about being anemic just cuz i think every woman is. but try putting your vitamins next to your tooth brush or make up or something that u do eveeryday so u wont forget. it helps me when i do that.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• kay thanks alot !! :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't think being mildly anemic will cause you to miscarry but it could make your symptoms worse-the fatigue and nausea. But I'm not really sure. The only time I WASN'T anemic was when I was pregnant because for some magical reason my iron levels went up-I'm guessing it was because I ate so many veggies. I DIDNT take prenatals when I was pregnant because I was so nauseated my midwife wanted me to just eat and keep down food.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:39 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• if you havent yet, join the TTC group. those ladies are so supportive and can help with just about any question you may have!
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• When I was trying to conceive my doctor mentioned taking folic acid.
    jdzamko

Answer by jdzamko at 10:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011