Just throwing this out there..

I miss my brother and I miss my niece. I haven't seen her in over a year. She'll be three this April.
My brother has made the decision to never visit me or the rest of my family and it kills me.. I still can't believe he could do that.
Thanks for reading.

febmom007

Asked by febmom007 at 9:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• Will he let you visit him?
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:31 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I am sorry that he has made this decision.He doesn't understand that he is really hurting his child by not letting her get to know the family.Did you have a disagreement or some kind of problem?
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:34 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Why?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If it was a decision he made to avoid the family, that would be very hard. I can kind of understand someone moving away for a job or school or something, and not having the time or money to come home very often. Two of my brothers and their families move states away, and it is hard to go so long between seeing my nieces and nephews...and my brothers and sisters in law of course, but it would be much harder if they didn't WANT to come home.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 9:38 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• he did that because his wife is controlling. and for some reason he chooses not to break free. I called her annoying and she took great offense to it even though she did the same thing and said I have no common sense. I didn't say a word to her about it. she decided to be horrible to my family even though we've tried to help them. I guess he thinks he has to defend her for every little thing. I'm not sure why he won't even meet up with us. my parents have tried to invite them to tons of stuff and they just won't come. they only live 30 minutes away.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Sorry to hear that. Maybe he is trying to be respectful of his wife's wishes not to be around you. I wouldn't assume she is controlling him.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 9:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Did he ever say what his reason was? I think I could deal with it better if I knew the reason why. Then I would try to figure out a way to compromise, that way you could visit each other. You said that he didn't want to visit you or your family. How does he feel about you visiting them?
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:24 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Pray on it...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• They don't want anyone to visit them and vice versa.
    febmom007

Comment by febmom007 (original poster) at 10:50 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Perhaps an apology for calling her annoying would help the situation. I know she may have said you have no common sense, but I don't find that as bad as saying "you get on my nerves" (what annoying means to me). And choosing to stand by his wife after she feels she was attacked is honorable. I say since they've made their feelings clear, you and your family should try to mend the fences.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 12, 2011