Does anyone else have a 13 month old that is refusing to walk?

my daughter just turned a year old in january and she is refusing to walk! she will take a couple steps but then she dont want to walk anymore! does anyone else have that issue?

shaniquasmomma

Asked by shaniquasmomma at 9:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son was like that. He turned 12 months in April and didn't actually get going for real until July, lol. My theory is, as long as their capable of standing on their own and KNOW how to work...as long as they have a way of moving around, its all good. Plus, I've also heard girls take longer to pick up walking. Don't know if this is true or not, since I've only got one boy. GL.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 9:35 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Neither of mine walked until 16 months. My first made no motions until he just started walking. My second would walk holding onto something (like my finger) at 15 months, but not on her own for another month after that. They're almost 4 and 2 now, and are completely normal developmentally; the older one is running around like any normal preschooler, and the younger one chases after him, lol. You have nothing to worry about at this point. :)
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my dd didnt walk til she was 18months. she's five now. they will do it when they are ready, no need to worry.
    proudmom611

Answer by proudmom611 at 9:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• ok, this is great! thanks ladies for all of your help!!! i really appreciate!!! :)
    shaniquasmomma

Comment by shaniquasmomma (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I know what you mean, My ds is 17 months old and he WAS refusing ti walk too. Everyone told me not to worry he will do it when he's ready, Beter late then never right, about a week ago he just let go and that was it. Hes walking all over. I thought he would never do it, I was so proud and you will be too when shes ready and lets go too. Just give her time and she will suprise you one day. I hope she walks for you soon, It was the highlight of my day.
    Kimberly71682

Answer by Kimberly71682 at 5:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011