is buying a high chair for chirtmas for your 4 month old concidered a chirtmas gift or nesessity

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• Your 4 month old won't know!! Get him/her one toy and and ornimate for them to have when they get older.
    MomAubrey

Answer by MomAubrey at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• well, at that age they don't really know what's going on, so if you really need one, get it. my DD is 4 months as well, and since i already have everything from my son, i'm just getting her a couple of outfits.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I always do that when they are little, they dont know the difference. I still buy them winter clothes for christmas too. It's a need and present lol
    perksmom

Answer by perksmom at 1:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My 6 month old is getting a high chair and the next size car seat from family for Christmas...yes, its a necessity, and yes, I would end up buying them myself if it did not just happen to be the holiday season, but this gives my family (whose help I have always refused) an excuse to help me and the baby. They are always begging to do things for us, but I am pretty darn independent, lol, so I am more than willing to give them this opportunity to do stuff for her/me.

I myself will be getting her a baby ring, as well as some toys and clothes.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• My two year old doesn't even really understand the idea of Christmas. So do what you need to do. Personally I think Christmas has become way over rated in terms of the amout of "stuff" we tend to think we need to give. I'm only giving my son one gift - that's it. I have asked family not to actually give him anything and they agreed. They will give him money to put in a college fund and some are going to give us a membership to our local zoo. So material isn't always better. I like the gifts that keep on giving. Your child's high chair will be something they use for a long time to come. Oh, but I do give a gift to my son every year that doesn't cost anything. I write him a letter. 20 years from now your child won't know what he/she got for Christmas. But they will beable to read that letter you wrote and possibly have tears in their eyes. Now that is a gift.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 4:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I gave my daughter a highchair for her 1st bday....She need a new one and didn't need any toys so I thought why not. She's turning 16 soon and doesn't care that she got a high chair as a gift.
    Anonymous

• She won't remember even next year she not gunna, they have more fun playing with the boxes and trying to eat the paper anyway. lol
    letlovegrow

Answer by letlovegrow at 5:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I can count as both. Last year my DD was 2 mths old she just got a little doll. It wasn't like she was even going to remember it. Just because it is a necessity doesn't make it less of gift. Our kids need some new character hooded towels, which I will put on somebody's Christmas list. Kids don't always have to have their wants fulfilled, they can be met with needs.
    Alma_C

Answer by Alma_C at 5:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Right now they won't know. I consider it both. I am still buying necessity/gift for my 2 year old. He has gotten clothes. This year he is getting a potty as one of his gifts.
    SuperBamaMom

Answer by SuperBamaMom at 10:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2008