Blood spots on the end of my bed?

I have white sheets and I've been noticing little blood spots all on the end of my bed, varying in size. It's only at the end of my bed and some of the spots are tiny and others look like smears.

My cat sleeps on my bed and is often down at the end but I can't really think of what could be causing this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pets

• Does your cat have fleas? Fleas can leave behind little traces of blood. That or maybe your cat has a sore or something that is bleeding??
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:49 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Most def your cat. Mine sometimes jumps on the bathroom counter and leaves some--that's when I know it's time for her monthly flea treatment!
    PrincessStacy

Answer by PrincessStacy at 9:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Is your cat fixed? Maybe she is in heat or?
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't know, initially I thought it could be bed bugs but it's only there at the end of my bed and it's not on my mattress or anything and i've checked the seams and there's nothing so i don't know.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• She's old so she's not in heat. Her front claws have been removed but not her back claws. I don't know if she has fleas or not, she does scratch a lot though!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:53 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• and she's been fixed* meant to add.
    Anonymous

• If she's scratching a lot sounds like it could definitely be fleas! I'd get her treated and then bomb the house. I HATE fleas, they're such a pain!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 10:50 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• To check for fleas (if you can't see any actual fleas), you can look on her stomach or groin area for "flea dirt" which is actually flea poop. Pick a few pieces off of her and put it on a paper towel or toilet paper then wet it a small amount. If it turns red, it is flea dirt which means she has fleas. If she doesn't have fleas, she may just have a small sore somewhere. The blood could also be coming from her private which could mean UTI or kidney infection.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 7:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011