DD is sick.. what can i do to help?

My 15month is sick. She has a real bad cough (coarse n phelmy sounding) that keeps waking her up from sleep and she's got a runny nose. She had a fever 2 nights ago, but not no more. She's been sleeping quite a bit lately - had 3 n half hr nap today n sleeping now (7pm). She's also lost her appetite... used to love eating.. but is now saying no to everything.
1. what are some natural remedies to help with her cough and congestion?
2. I heard that for children under 2, there's no medicine that can be given to them? other than tylenol but that's for fevers... is that true?
3. is it ok that she's sleeping so much and not eating as much?

help pls!

urban_baybee

Asked by urban_baybee at 10:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• its fine as long as she still drinking plenty and you can give her childrens anything just give her a 1/4 of what it says to give a 2 year old my son doctor told us to do this when he was little
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 10:06 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Not a ton you can do. Try to keep pushing fluids, and you can give her juice diluted if it helps. Soups are good. You might be able to try a humidifier, or even a warm bath may help. You can also look for Hyland's products- they're homeopathic, and safe for little ones. I hope she feels better soon!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:07 PM on Mar. 11, 2011