What's in your Kong?

We were out all day today so to keep the puppies occupied we gave them Kongs. They had peanut butter, pieces of cucumber and some kibble.

Our female loved it. As soon as we put it in her pen she went to town. Our male just sat and looked at it, lol. Then he barked at it once or twice and got really mad because he could smell the food but couldn't find it. Poor guy, he just can't figure out that the food is IN the kong, not on it.

metalhealthmom

Asked by metalhealthmom at 10:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pets

• Is that a male thing? My puppy did the same thing but since he's figured it out and bounces it all over the place trying to knock the stuff out. Sometimes I put a small milk bone in there, peanut butter, carrots. Sometimes when he's totally frustrated, he comes over to me and puts it on my lap...."like, please help me lady".
    Philly247

Answer by Philly247 at 10:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• LOL...that sounds SO wrong!!!!
    SouthernMama08

Answer by SouthernMama08 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I say my male is slow. He's just not a quick learner. And I'm experienced with dogs. My female is really smart, she picks up things really quickly. My male will just stand there and look at me, lol. And then if treats are involved he goes through his entire routine of tricks desperately hoping whatever I'm saying is the one he's doing, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Comment by metalhealthmom (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My beagle chewed through his Kong!
    KOR537

Answer by KOR537 at 9:38 PM on Mar. 12, 2011