Have you ever propped up your baby's bottle?

I know you're not SUPPOSED to but sometimes it's just easier because I know it will be a good 15-20 minutes where I can actually be hands free! I'm always close by to keep an eye on him though and I don't do it all the time so no need to bash. Has anyone else ever done this though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes I had a thing called a bottle donut. I used it all the time. I would put her in her bassinet in the kitchen with me so I could clean up. I don't see anything wrong with it as long as you keep a eye on him.

robinalbright

Answer by robinalbright at 1:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I tried not to but yes, I finally had to while I was cooking. I was right there watching though - I was afraid he would choke!
    Avon_Calling

Answer by Avon_Calling at 1:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I did i just never let her fall asleep like that i would always try to take it out first
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 1:46 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I used to prop up my babys bottle when I was a new mom. My only suggestions is to make sure that the baby is at a slight angle so that the liquid is not able to pool around him, and if he spits up that it runs away from him instead of him choking on it.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 1:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• well with my son, he was my first, so i never did. you learn alot after the first, so yep i do now. in waiting rooms, so that way i can chase after my 20 month old, and i also do it at night. prop it up, roll over and go back to sleep. she spits it out with her tongue when she's done, and if she drops it or chokes, she's in the bassinet next to my bed, so i can get up and help her.
    Anonymous

• I do it when she' in a bouncy chair. I did irt at night a few times.
    MadeylnsMom

Answer by MadeylnsMom at 1:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• With my firdt dd i didnt because i was afraid of her choking, adn im aware that there is a chance its poosible but i doubt it would happen. Now with my second dd she was colicky when she was born so she wouldnt stay asleep after i rocked her so i just gave her a bottle in her crib, layed her on her side, and propped in up, when she was finished she just spit it out. She is now a healthy 11 month old happy girl and still gets her bottle for bed, she can now hold it and if she wants more when its gone i give her water for her to keep her "baba" i think it has become somewhat of a comfort thing.
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I did it a couple times to get a break and be able to pick up around the house....but literally no more than 10 times, I was too scared something would happen, lol. I was always very close by and checked on her frequently.

Now she holds it herself half the time (she is 6 months) so I don't have to feel guilty, heh, but I still check on her a bunch.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• I did it with all 3 if my children and they are very happy, healthy kids. One is 14, one is 12 and one is 8. They survived and so will your baby.
    BigSkyHarmony

Answer by BigSkyHarmony at 2:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2008

• Yes sometimes you just have to if you plan on getting anything done. I always stay in the same room as him when I do this. I have used one of those beanie pillows to prop it up. I wouldn't do it and leave them in a room by themselves but I personally think it's okay to do sometimes.
    TiffanyLove18

Answer by TiffanyLove18 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2008