What do you do with your kids on weekends?

Do you go out? Shop? My DH is at drill and looking for free to cheap things to do with the weather being yucky. they like to knit and play in room. Lattely they have been spending more time with the dogs and stuff. We go outside a lot for a few at a time because the weather is crummy but at least its somethign for time being. Gas right now to go to my moms is 100 a trip. :( so we have to reduce visits. they love going there! She has a yard and dogs play all day and kids rake or do what ever outside.

Baby4us09

Asked by Baby4us09 at 10:19 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• UGH! My hubby is at drill too. We went to a baseball field that is close to our house and still had the lights on and played baseballs w/o balls and bats. The kids had an awesome time. We will go through their closets tomorrow and probably go on a walk and to the park.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Well since the weather is starting to get nicer I'm going to be doing alot of baseball with my older son... we all go my husband is a coach and me and my other son hang out and watch.Thats about most of my life from now until November... we have spring season then districts and all star through the summer then fall ball. My family loves baseball :)
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Indoor playgrounds (mcdonalds) or those bounce places with the big inflatables are always fun, an early movie, also depends on kids ages and weather. Chuck e cheese (but crowded on weekends) walk flea markets just to get out. If weather is ok, the park, a hike. Bake cookies, have them help with weekend dinners, rent a movie, make popcorn.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:25 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I don't do anything. My kids are responsible for entertaining themselves. Usually on the weekends they spend all day playing with their friends. If the weather is nice (in other words...not raining) they play outside. But otherwise the kids rotate between houses playing inside (usually video games or Twister at our house) as they annoy each set of parents and get kicked out. Last weekend they were mostly here.
    Unfortunately my kids got themselves grounded for the weekend so they will be in their rooms and/or driving me batty all weekend.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:00 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm a SAHM mom, so weekends aren't any different that weekdays. (We usually avoid errands on weekends though because places are more crowded.) Depending on the age of your kids, local indoor malls can be fun. We have two less than a couple of miles away; one has a mini play area, another is pretty big so just walking around & riding elevators & escalators is usually enough to entertain my 3-year-old.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 12:36 AM on Mar. 12, 2011