Ever want to say 'just get over it!?' adult content

Do you ever see a post and really just want to say Get over it?
I saw a post a long time ago about a 3 year old using a sippy cup, mother wondered if this meant that he wasn't developing properly or the like.
I see another post wondering what to do because her husband masturbates.

I'm the first to say feel however you feel, but I don't see why things like this are considered issues at all. I'm sure the kid will give up the sippy cup in time, and as far as husbands Masturbating, I've never given it a thought.

Is it just me, or do you ever see a post and wonder, with all the issues of the world, why is there a woman that is even concerned about ________?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I read questions all the time that I start to answer and realize there's just no nice way to tell them to move on and get over it. So I delete and move on to the next one. The worst I think I saw was a woman freaking because her 9 month old wasn't walking and determined on her own that the child was developmentally delayed... a little over the top for me.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 10:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I wish people would get over the anonymous feature.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• 'I wish people would get over the anonymous feature. '
    what does this have to do with the anonymous feature? I wish people would get over it too, stop worrying about whether a person posted anonymous or not. most of the time I don't even notice.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Hahah yeah.

But then again, half of the questions I ask on Cafemom are things I already know the answer to, I just want other's input...or I'm trying to get in all my points for the day, lol.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 11:14 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I feel the same way about certain things but that is just me being a human. What I do is answer the question with some refreshing words and pray for that person. This might be the way that person deals with their issues so why would I judge them for it.
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:30 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Some worry more than needed, but it doesnt bother me. Sometimes us first time moms need reassurance. There is nothing wrong with that. When it comes to the masterbating, why would you share that with everyone?! I dont want to hear about it!
    Mom2Ladybug

Answer by Mom2Ladybug at 11:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• "This might be the way that person deals with their issues so why would I judge them for it. "
    it was never that I meant to judge, it's just that if some women worry so much about sippy cups, then how will they handle it when the kid starts to drive? They'll have worried themselves to death before the kid graduated from High School!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• "When it comes to the masturbating, why would you share that with everyone?! I dont want to hear about it! "
    because its a topic that women get so worked up over it's silly!
    why not discuss things like masturbating?
    if you don't want to hear about things like that, then don't click on questions that are marked adult topic!

Am I the only one that got the point that this question was about people getting worked up over silly things?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• "Am I the only one that got the point that this question was about people getting worked up over silly things?"

That applies here, there, and everywhere. I think we all have met people who we think worry too much about X. People are going to handle problems differently; some need reassurance about what we deem to be the smallest non-issue, while some can handle seemingly greater things with ease. The nice thing about the Internet and places like this is we can ask or bring up whatever's bugging us in a fairly anonymous setting, and possibly find advice from others who may have or is going through the same thing. Not to mention the ability to just ignore anything that's not of interest to us.
    phoofy

Answer by phoofy at 1:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2011