PLEASE HELP GOING CRAZY! When will he see a judge?

My brother is 21 and was arrested for carrying a loaded weapon. Im honestly not sure the specifics, they wont tell my mom anything because hes 21. How long is it until he will see a judge. We live in PA so if you know anything at all about the courts or anything about the punishment for carrying a loaded weapon can you please help! Ive been crying for hours...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Relationships

• i dont live in pa, but im sure he will have to spend the weekend in jail( if thats where he is).....does he have any prior arrests??? is he on probation? not aloud to have guns?
    mckeemama

Answer by mckeemama at 10:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• If he's been arrested, she can call the jail to see when his court date it. Of course if this just happened, he will not have a court date set, he will see a judge tomorrow to set bail, if he is granted one, and then he will be given his trial date.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• i am sorry you are going through that, i know nothing about it sorry im not help.. good luck.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:41 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Im honestly not sure at all. I know he lost his liscence...not sure if that includes probation? He was a marine but got shot while there so he was released...im not sure whether he renewed his lisence to carry.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:42 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• And, i forgot to say, she can call the jail to see what his charges are and so forth, there is a system here in VA we can look up online for public court records (not juvenile of course) ,....so i'm not sure as to why they can't tell you his charges. I was trying to locate my dad in FLORIDA and they even told me all this charges when i called the jail. goodluck.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• he was charged with carrying a loaded weapon but thats all they have told her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I live in PA too & there are many factors involved, the town, large or small, judges on call, how backed up they are etc. Then some towns after a certain time they can hold you til morning His crime is serious but if it is his first offense they may let him out on his own recognizance or if given bail he can get a bail bondsman. I'd call a few to get info from them of what they will require from you etc.. Sorry to not be more help, but there are alot of factors involved. They should tell your mom something regardless of his age. She needs to say "My son was brought in on charges and I don't know if i should be calling for bail tonight or will he see the judge in the morning? Good luck & honestly, maybe him being in there a bit will shake him up enough to keep him out of trouble, jail is not a fun place, i use to work in one! (I'm not judging him, i don't know what happened etc.. I'm just giving another way to look at it
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• We live in Bensalem Pa, and hes in BCCF. not sure if thats any help
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:05 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I lived in PA for about 5 years. I believe you have to wait until Monday for him to see the judge. Sorry to hear this
    dubewife

Answer by dubewife at 11:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• They can only hold him 3 days without seeing the judge for bond. BUT....If your bro didnt have a liscense for the gun AND has prior convictions for ANY felony crimes or domestic abuse, he could be looking at a max sentence. Him not having the liscense to carry a weapon SCREAMS to the judge your Bro had EVIL plans with the gun and that never sits well with a judge.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:58 PM on Mar. 11, 2011