I have a question for WBC...

I know there are no members of the WBC on here, but I have to ask this anyways just to get everyones thoughts...

If the WBC really truly believes that God would kill 7 innocent children simply because some guy (who these kids didn't even know) had taken them to court, what the hell kind of God are they worshiping? Why would anyone want to align themselves with a God that would kill 7 children over a lawsuit? Seriously?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Because they are crazy and wouldn't understand the common sense if it bit them in the face. Those people are in their own little world and I wish they would stay there. I am a Christian and don't believe in violence, but I can make an acception for those people. All they do is cause hurt and pain where ever they go. Ticks me off that they call themselves "Christians".
    lovebugs_mom

Answer by lovebugs_mom at 11:12 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• this is their newsetter.... dont read if you are easily disturbed by evil ppl parading as just. http://media.pennlive.com/midstate_impact/other/Westboro.PDF
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 11:36 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I honestly think they're just trying to get as much attention as they can. I don't even think its about God. I think, being a family of lawyers, they're being as outrageous as they can and *trying* to get as much negative attention as they can. I think the lawsuits are the whole purpose, to be honest.... They toe the line just enough to where its within the rights of freedom of speech. We talked about this in one of my groups, I think, about how it really does seem as though its not about religion at all...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:46 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I refuse, REFUSE to place them in the catagory as any type of Christian. To me the WBC are BULLIES. Oh to find out HOW they make money and expose them.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 5:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't know enough about WBC to judge the whole group. You only see what the news covers and what they cover are some really hateful people who are looking for publicity.   I don't know how much the majority of people in the church agree with the hate mongering of some of their members. 

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 8:16 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• RyansMom - What the news covers IS the whole group. WBC is made up of less than 30 people TOTAL! The hate mongering is the entire purpose of the church...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 8:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• That's the problem with people like them. They can take the most innocent verses from the bilble and skew them until they bear no resemblence to it's true meaning. No. The God I believe in doesn't endorse deliberate cruelty. We are not the judges. We will be judged in the end and our behavior will come back to haunt us.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 8:40 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• There are many different gods.Somehow people get the idea that if the name "Christian" is attached to it,they all worship the same God.So,whatever god it is these people are following,it sure seems to be a rather evil one.
    MistyBlueMom

Answer by MistyBlueMom at 9:45 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I see them as no different than the old testament prophets. Same God who'd strike down children for joking a bald man, the same God who killed everyone save seven in a flood, the same God who curse his own creation for using the brain he gave them, the same God who wanted a father to kill his son just to prove himself loyal, the same God who made a man miserable to the point his wife recommended suicide and destroyed his children, the same God who ordered the destruction of women, children and livestock in war, this is the same God the WBC worships and you can find that God in the Bible.

That is not a God worthy of any worship to me. But lovers of hate and vengeance love him. He makes Aries look cuddly!
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Very true isabellalecour! But these are people who claim to be Christian, not Jewish... Apparently they want to take the Christian name and then ignore the entire NT. But I agree, I've never understood why anyone would want to worship the God talked about in the OT...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Mar. 12, 2011