What do you do with all your kids' "artwork"????

I have so many pictures my kids have drawn for me, pictures/drawings from school, sunday school, etc. I'm practically drowning in them, yet somehow I feel guilty if I throw them away. Should I pitch them , or keep??

natersmom76

Asked by natersmom76 at 11:01 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had a plastic bin for both my girls. Everything they made, their school pics, anything pertaining to them was put into their bin. When they moved out, they each took their bin.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I save everything!!! I hope to one day take some pictures of what they have done and then dispose of it! I want to cherrish every minute of their childhood.
    pmabaskets

Answer by pmabaskets at 11:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a drawer in my dresser that I put the special ones. It's getting pretty full so I think soon I'm going to get a couple frames and put them in them and hang it on the wall...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:03 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I save everything my son makes.. it's just too precious to toss. lol. Plus im big on nostalgia... so when he's older it will be fun to go through his artwork and pictures together.
    kaitilala

Answer by kaitilala at 11:10 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I save everything he makes too, but it's getting a bit overwhelming.  I've filled up a few folders and binders and plastic storage bins.  Some stuff though, like homework that has pictures he's drawn, not special projects, he wants to save and I don't have the heart to thow away but it wouldn't be the worst if they got lost.  Just the homework papers, I mean does he really need those?  I have so much other art work and projects.

CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:23 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have a few of my daughter's framed, because she wants to be an artist. I usually just hang them on the fridge for a while then recycle them.
    Do you really think your child is going to want 10 years of "art" when they move out????
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:26 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Do you really think your child is going to want 10 years of "art" when they move out????---from dancinintherain

Ummm, no probably not. Neither do I want in piling up im my attic either. But somehow I feel "attached" to it?? weird, I know.
    natersmom76

Comment by natersmom76 (original poster) at 12:01 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Some I keep some go out in trash. It's it's something really neat or they worked really hard and want to keep we put it away. If it's just a because I'm bored coloring or something, it's up to them if keep or trash it
    red_head_mommy2

Answer by red_head_mommy2 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I throw a lot away, especially the stuff she makes in preschool (like the glue the shape on paper stuff). She likes to hang some on her wall or on the fridge and I do save a few things but mostly I'll, hang something up for awhile then discreetly throw it away. I understand you feeling guilty but it gets easier after time.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 8:22 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Take a picture of it with a digital cam and then make a special folder for those pics on the computer, keep a few special pieces, throw the rest out.

Answer by missanc at 8:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2011