Bras for hands-free pumping (I think Medela offers them)

For those who pumps regularly, and use the above mentioned product:

Do you wear them all the time, or do you change into them every time when you pump? I haven't purchased them yet, but for what it looks like, I imagine they won't be comfy to wear all day long. But isn't it a hassle to change into them at every pumping?
Could you also tell me pro and con if you used them before? Thanks.

Meachan

Asked by Meachan at 11:11 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Depends on the pump you get. I got the freestyle, and it had straps that attached to your bra for hands free pumping. No special bra needed, other than a regular nursing bra where the cups snap on and off.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 11:55 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• well im a sahm so i change into mine to pump but when i used to work i would wear it and put another bra over it! it was a pain but i love the hands free bras!!! i made one out of an old sports bra! ive been exclusively pumping for over a year now i love being able to use my hands when i pump and also i can help defend myself from my dd trying to get to my pump while im pumping lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:43 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• I have the PumpEase - no need to wear a special bra, just drop the flaps on your nursing bra, wrap it around you and pump!
    Desi66

Answer by Desi66 at 3:32 PM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I have the bra from www.handsfreepumpbra.com and love it - i actually have several. I wore mine all day and then would pop in my pump parts when needed. Occasionally I put another bra over it if I wanted to give my front a little lifted look for the day. I thought it was comfy, it's a sports bra type design.
    handsfreemom

Answer by handsfreemom at 1:00 PM on Mar. 15, 2011