Is it true that sperm helps u dialate?

I was just wondering if it was true that sperm helps you dialate quicker? Is there any other way to hurry that process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Mar. 11, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Male sperm?? As opposed to female sperm?? ;o)

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:32 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• Yes. Semen contains prostaglandins, a hormone that helps soften the cervix and prepare it for labor. It's even more effective taken orally.

It'snot necessary to hurry the process. you can allow your body to do what it's going to do and relax and enjoy these last few days/weeks with your baby. Other induction methods are risky.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my hubby and i had sex a few times before i went into labor i think it works! lol! but i do believe the baby will come when its ready no reason to rush!!!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:40 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• My mom did it to have me, her water broke that night after sex. I am fixing to give it a try! I am ready for him to come on out!!! lol
    sissy0604

Answer by sissy0604 at 11:56 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• my ex and i had sex like crazy to try to induce labor... did not work at all.
    lashes325

Answer by lashes325 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 11, 2011

• DILATE.

yes, but if you arent ready, you arent ready to have it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I don't know that it will actually help with dilation, but semen does contain prostaglandins which may help to soften the cervix and get it ready for labor; they may also bring on some mild contractions for a while. We did it twice when my son was overdue--both times I got contractions for about an hour or two, then they stopped. I ended up being induced.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 12:10 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• It only works if your body is ready. There is no other way to necessarily help you speed up the process of labor. It will happen when your baby is ready.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:25 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Yes but it did not help me at all. I delivered at 41 weeks.
    Hatsumomo

Answer by Hatsumomo at 1:23 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• yup
    asil

Answer by asil at 4:01 AM on Mar. 14, 2011