Ugh,i hate anxietyyy!!!!!

I have had anxiety/panic attacks for abt 2 years.... Its almost constant unless I'm somewhere other then my house....when I'm home I get a lot of anxiety...my house always feels different...odd..strange Idk how to explain it it just looks different to me...if I'm at Walmart or somewhere where my mibd us occupied I'm fine unless I think about things looking weird, I have a huge fear of having a seizure..or losing my mind... not knowing where I am or anything!!!! Tonight when we got home from grocery shopping, I war putting up groceries, then I starter making bottles for my baby and I was thinking in ny head omg my kitchen looks different...ugh then I had an anxiety attack....I'm so sick of this I'm also a hypochondriac!!! I'm soooo afraid I have simple partial seizures ugh..I have atleast one deja vu feeling a day!! I hate it it onky last a few seconds.but the thing thY is really scary is tgat my house sometimes feels unfamiliar.. I'm hardy ever home now..I'm always trying to go somewhere cause I know I won't Hav anxious thoughts..can anyone relate to this...or have anything to say?? I dont wanna begone anxiety meds..

txmommy75939

Asked by txmommy75939 at 12:05 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• I actually went to hynotherapy for anxiety. It worked pretty well for me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I hate to tell you, but it seriously sounds like you need some anti-anxiety meds. Is there a particular reason why you don't want to be on meds?? Is it a stigma?? Trust me--there are lots and lots and lots of people out there that are on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds--and your hearing from one of them now!! There is nothing to be ashamed of and you're not the only one who feels these kinds of things. The meds can really make a difference and help you to feel so much better and more able to live and enjoy your life. I also think counseling/therapy should go hand in hand with the meds. It sounds to me like you have an anxiety disorder--poss. GAD(generalized anxiety disorder). You should see your doctor and a good counselor for starters. It's worth it to feel better everyday.
    natersmom76

Answer by natersmom76 at 12:17 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ok, you've got it WAY worse than I do. I think you could use an anti-anxiety med. I've learned to manage mine without assistance, but I still have a med just in case. Sorry to say it, but I really think you should try a med.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I'm so sorry your feeling this way! I can relate when it comes to anxiety. I'm not suggesting meds, but have you considered finding someone to talk to?
    Hope4Teal

Answer by Hope4Teal at 12:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think you should go see someone about this. It sounds like its starting to affect how you function and that's when anxiety becomes and issue. We all get anxious from time to time and display irrational fears every now and then...but when it becomes a problem, that's when you need to get help! GL!
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 12:26 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• hugsAnxiety is awful.  When I know that I'm about to go to a get together or any other place where there are a lot of people, my anxiety hits before I leave the house.  I dread every moment and can't wait to be home.

I agree with Hope that you should consider talking to a therapist. 

Good luck! 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:38 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I agree with the other mothers here. Talking to a therapist helped me a lot with anxiety, but I took medication, too. I would have them
    so bad I'd have to go to the emergency room. I did that several times and finally got medication and counseling and now am off the
    anxiety meds and I don't have attacks anymore. When I had them it just felt like I needed to escape...from my own body. I don't know
    if that makes sense, but that's the only way I can describe it. GL.
    JeannieBee

Answer by JeannieBee at 2:58 AM on Mar. 12, 2011