Why does my crotch have a humid smell to it? adult content

I showered last night, and i noticed today, that my crotch has a humid muggy smell to it. I shower regularly just to point that out! Could it be the panties im wearing? They are silk. and the moisture of my vagina? I have been a bit wet down there today more than usual.

Not trying to gross anyone out, this is a legitamate question. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Health

• Try wearing cotton panties for awhile, and let "her" air out after you shower. She may just need to dehumidify a bit. Silk isn't a super breathable fabric. Keep an eye out for any itching or pain, colored or cottage-cheesy discharge, as those are signs of an infection.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:11 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Ive had a eyast infection before and dont have ANY symptoms of it. its grossing me out. im guna shower lol..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:13 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• As you get older, you will develop more of a sweat down there. It really started to hit me about 32 or so. I have to use powder to keep dry, especially during the summer months. Completely stay away from anything but cotton panties.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Are the panties new or is it something you usually wear? Could your cycle be changing or returning after having a baby or breastfeeding? could you be pregnant?

Usually with infection there is some discomfort and the smell is foul, not just humid or stronger than usual, so I think you're safe :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 12:21 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I used to have trouble when I wore silk panties. I heard they do not breath well, I switched to cotton and have not had a problem in several years since I switched.
    mlanderson

Answer by mlanderson at 10:51 PM on Mar. 13, 2011