Crease on his arm?

My son has a crease on one forearm. It is on the top of his arm where it is less fleshy. It is not a chubby baby crease or anything like that, it is just an extra crease. He has no trouble using that arm, he crawls and pulls himself up fine and as far as I can tell it has never caused him any pain or anything like that. Just wondering if anyone else has had anything like this? I checked with my doctor at his last appointment, but she had no idea and said she would get back to me. Any ideas?

Rachael420

Asked by Rachael420 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Im not sure what the crease looks like but ive read about something similar to that called amniotic band syndrome, where a part of the child body gets caught into the aminotic band in utero. You can go to amnioticbandsyndrome.com and look at the photo gallery to see if the crease looks like the crease in the photo. There is one photo in particular that is of a childs leg that has the crease from it. Hope this helps!!
    Mommy_of_two_85

Answer by Mommy_of_two_85 at 2:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2008