The other woman, and him

When I was pregnant with my son my (now ex) was cheating on me with a woman I was taking a class with. It went on during my whole pregnancy. And after I had given birth to our child, he excused himself to the cafeteria where he sent the other woman pictures of our newborn son. I've come to terms with what's happened...I still don't understand why he cheated on me but that's not what I'm asking about...

(our son is now 14 months old) And We parent him separately. Our son lives with me and my ex will take him once a week or once every two weeks. My ex who cheated, has finally "fallen in love" with me..he claims the other woman is out of his life completely. I'm not considering returning to him because of all the lies he's told about being with her and finally admitting kissing her, taking her out to dinner, buying her Christmas and Easter presents, avoiding taking me to ultrasounds while he was with her at the dentist...

Just wondering, what do you think about this guy?

p.s. The other woman continually harassed me, called me many names and I had to file a police report because of her actions.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on Mar. 12, 2011 in Relationships

• cut him out of your life. let him be a parent but don"\'t get sucked into all that.
    metalhealthmom

Answer by metalhealthmom at 1:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Hmm. Several things come to mind.

Cad.

Slime.

And out of luck.. because you're too smart to take him back!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:09 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I think that you are doing the right thing. Just because he came to grips with the fact that he lost something and is NOW being up front about what he really did, does not make it any less hurtful and dishonest. Not everything in life is forgivable. Not everyone deserves a second chance. It is NOT owed to him, and if he is behaving as if you are obligated to take him back if he does or says the right thing after the fact, I don't think it is reasonable to go back to him. Especially not after 3 months. You are the mother of his child, not a doormat...not the second in line.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:14 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• I wouln't deal with that move on...
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 2:18 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• He's not worth the trouble.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 2:44 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• He's made his bed. Now I'd let him lie in it!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 9:04 AM on Mar. 12, 2011

• Plain and simple: You two can parent together but not be together, that would be the best thing for the child and for both of you.
    AWomansMind

Answer by AWomansMind at 7:46 PM on Mar. 12, 2011